Monday, March 8, 2010

Just loving Jesus!

I was talking to an ex-Apostolic the other day about church, and this person was critical about everything the church stood for. I couldn't help but take notice that this person had in their not so old life been part of more than 4 churches.
Standards were dropped almost immediately, she first cut her hair, and then her husband grew facial hair. That's not all, makeup, TV, movies, wine....That's just the tip of the iceberg
They're anthem is "we're just in love with Jesus."
They'll "facebook" and "tweet" about how better off they are and criticized our beliefs, but what they really want is a church that will put up with they're habits, attitudes and carnality.
We are criticized and call legalistic Pharisees, yet we are not the ones trying to justify ourselves, we are not trying to see what we can get away with. We are trying to please God and present ourselves a living sacrifice...If there is no law to live by as Christians, then what was God saying through the prophet, when he said He would write His laws in our hearts?

I don't want Jesus as my savior only, but I want Him to be Lord of my life also. That means I must submit to His will and purpose. I don't want to have a form of godliness but deny the power there of.
The problem is many don't have a solid foundation, they are blown by every wind of doctrine, but the church is like a tree PLANTED!

If you know of anyone who has left the church for "greener" pastures, pray for them. Because deep down, they really want to come home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! My sister backslid years ago. I just cant understand what the pull is to leave church what can be so important to lose your soul over? Then not too long ago she told me that she had no religion, i was shocked to say the least but i really shouldnt have been. I think its true the last thing you said they really do just want to go home deep down "once an Apostolic always an Apostolic" in a manner of speaking.

Unknown said...

I am an editor for Christian.com which is a social network dedicated to the christian community. As I look through your web site I feel a collaboration is at hand. I would be inclined to acknowledge your website offering it to our users as I'm sure our Pentecostal audience would benefit from what your site has to offer. I look forward to your thoughts or questions regarding the matter.

Robert Wright
rev.robertwright@gmail.com

Paul Meunier said...

This is a great article and I am glad that you shared this. It's so true that some people live for God by standards and not TRULY get to know him. But I see it that I get to live Holy and Look Holy out of Love for Jesus!